Parfait with Caramelized Pear
After I weaned my daughter Naia, I felt that my body starts gaining a bit of a weight. Since breastfeeding sessions no longer there to burn my calories, I opted for healthy eating and exercising. This healthy parfait is an alternative for easy-to-make breakfast or for my snacking time. If you are pregnant and breastfeeding, it would also be a great option for you! You can even customized it to your likings and even probably make one for your little one :)
To Make Caramelized Pear:
- Pear – you can use other fruits too, cut in squares
- Brown Sugar
- Fresh squeezed orange juice
How to Make:
1. Melt 1 table spoon of butter in the pan
2. Place the square-cut pears into the pan, let it heated in the butter
3. Sprinkle 1 table spoon of brown sugar and fresh-squeezed orange juice
4. Let it simmer until it caramelized & the color turns to light brown.
5. Take it off the heat. You may use it directly to mix the parfait or place it in the container for later use.
What You Need to Make the Parfait:
- Plain yoghurt
- Ricotta cheese (optional)
- Jam to your liking (Strawberry, Blueberry, Blackcurrant, etc.), in this picture, I’m using the blackcurrant jam
- Granola – I use the ready-to-eat cereal Trail Mix Raisin & Almond
- Caramelized Pear
- Cut fruits (strawberries, melon, mango, anything!) – I’m using only strawberries
- Orange zest (optional)
How to Prepare:
1. First, I whisk together an equal part of yoghurt and ricotta cheese (1 to 1 ratio) mixed with orange zest. Remember, this is not sweet! So if you prefer something sweeter, you can use flavored yoghurt, although the jam would make the yoghurt mix sweeter when you eat it.
2. Place the yoghurt mix at the bottom of the serving glass/bowl, then drop a spoonful of the blackcurrant jam on top.
3. Layer the caramelized pear on top of the jam, then fresh-cut strawberries, a spoonful of granola.
4. Repeat number 2 & 3 until the glass is full. Make sure the top layer would be covered in yoghurt mix and topped with the jam.
You can also prepare this ahead of time in a tall container with cover and leave it in the fridge. Anytime you want something to munch on, you can just grab one and there you go.. a healthy parfait that tastes good!
Hope you like it :)
Post a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.