TheUrbanMama.com Privacy Statement and Proper Use Conditions
TheUrbanMama.com web-site (and any related web-site) (“Web-site”) is designed as a community for like-minded people with an interest in the well-being of expectant mothers, parents, babies, infants, and children, especially as regards of parenting. The nature of the Web-site and its community ethos means that the operators of the Web-site, TheUrbanMama.com (“TUM”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”), will obtain, record, store, use and disclose (together “Use”) certain personal information (“Personal Information”) relating to registered members and other visitors and users of the Web-Site. This statement sets out the principles governing Our Use of your Personal Information, the conditions that you agree to in using the Web-site. By using the Web-site you agree to this Use and these conditions.
- When you use the services contained on the Web-site you will need to provide certain Personal Information such as your name and e-mail address. We will store this Personal Information and use it to provide you with information and other services in the normal course of operation of the Web-site. If you would like to view and/or modify any part of your Personal Information then you should email us at [email protected]
- We may transfer or disclose Personal Information to other companies, to our professional advisers and to such other parties as we consider necessary, in the administration of the Web-site and our related businesses or if required to disclose such information by law.
- We may also use the Personal Information, and similar Personal Information you may provide Us in response to any user surveys which you complete, to aggregate user profiles and, unless you opt out by contacting Us as described in 4 below, to send you information about new products and services which We think may interest you. We may also pass your Personal Information to Our business associates and affiliates who may contact you with details of products or services which may interest you, but you can always tell Us not to do this by contacting Us as described in 3 below.
- To enable Us to monitor and improve our web site, We gather certain aggregated information about you when you use it, including may include details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address, the URL you came from and go to and the parts of the Web-site you visit.
- We may aggregate statistics, traffic patterns and related site information and disclose such aggregate data to third parties for marketing, advertising or other promotional purposes but such aggregate data will not include any Personal Information.
- You may submit notes, messages, bulletin boards postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material (“Content”) to Us for publication on the Site. All Content submitted by you to Us must (and you warrant that it is):
- be legal, honest, decent and truthful and comply with all applicable laws, regulations, standards or codes of conduct;
- not infringe the copyright, design, privacy, publicity, data protection, trade mark or any other rights of any third party, nor be obscene, abusive, threatening, libellous or defamatory of any person; and
- not advertise or otherwise solicit for funds or be a solicitation for goods or services.
We have the right to monitor Content and may edit, reject or remove Content if we believe it does not comply with the above, as set out in the Terms and Conditions (“Members’ Forum”).
- The Web-site contains a discussion forum (“Forum”) where registered members can post communication messages and read messages posted by other members. You should read and agree to the Terms and Conditions (“Members' Forum”) before using the Forum.
- All Content submitted to Us will become the property of TUM except any portion of the material that is Personal Information. You have sole responsibility for the Content which you submit to Us for publication on the Web-site and you shall indemnify and shall keep Us fully and effectively indemnified on demand from and against all actions, claims, losses, liability, proceedings, damages, costs, expenses, loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption and other pecuniary or consequential loss (including legal costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by Us and arising directly or indirectly out of the publication of material submitted by you to Us.
- While we will take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Information you disclose online. You must accept the inherent security implications of providing information on-line over the Internet and you agree not to hold Us responsible for any breach of security unless We have been negligent or in wilful default.