My (not so) Baby Girl’s 9th Birthday

PuanDinar

When Aira turned 5, I made a promise to myself (and hubby) that I would stop celebrating her birthday, until she’s 17. Since then, I already broke that promise 3 times, and about to broke it again. We celebrated her 6th at my mom’s place, 7th at her school, 8th was a pool party inviting family & neighbours. On my defence, this year was pretty small, only some of her closest friends from school.

I love planning for birthday party, specially a small one, and for my (not so) baby girl I made sure that it was a fun one. This year she turned 9, on 3rd grade, had her own peer group, listening to Justin Beiber & Lady Gaga, so clown won’t impress her anymore. So I, suggested by my best friend (& practically Aira’s godmother) Syarin, decided to take her & her friends to watch a movie at¬†Subtitles. Why Subtitles? So it would feel more like a party, not just a regular going-to-a-movie outing. They can choose the movie from Subtitle’s dvds collection & watch it in a private room. How cool was that? Very! Yes, very cool for a bunch of 9 years old girls. Hah! :D

Next on my list was goody bags. I know, she’s 9, but I just couldn’t stop my self. So I prepared 8 bags of ‘age appropriate’ goody bags filled with small but fun things like a pack of paper for folder refill, a fan, pencils, a box of 6 colors pens, various shapes of paper punchers, an eraser, & a wrist band. I was right, they loved them.

I asked Aira to tell her friends to ask for their parent’s permission. But then I decided to gave them an invitation explaining to the parents about this ‘party’, that I would pick the kids up at school, take them to movie & lunch, & drive each one of them home.

It was Friday, Hubby & I picked Aira up & 7 of her friends at school, they had already changed out of their uniform & we cramped them in our car. It was pretty crowded, but they didn’t mind. They asked hubby to changed the radio channel to their favorite station, & sang along. When we arrived at Dharmawangsa Square, hubby dropped us off at the lobby & I got people staring at me, walking with 8 noisy 9 years old girls behind me, with matching wristband from the goody bags on their hands. Aira leading the bunch with a crown headband on her head.

We went to the basement & entered the cool Subtitles area. That was when the ‘oohs’ & ‘aahs’ began. First when they entered the reception area with white tiles, bright lighting, mirrors, & the futuristic feel the room gave. Then when they were asked to choose the movie on an online computer. Next when they curiously checking out the dvd rack & the guy on the counter showed them how it move ups & downs. And finally when they were taken to their private mini theater with red velvet seatings, big screen & sound system to watch their movie,¬†Nim’s Island. I ordered hot dogs & fries via the phone in the room (another ‘ooh’) & wait outside with hubby.

It was so much fun. Aira was so happy & her friends had a great time. They couldn’t stop chattering on our way home. Even Subtitles was happy about our visit too, they gave Aira a voucher as a gift when they found out it was her birthday. And how I knew that her 9th birthday celebration was a cool one? Aira got 2 other birthday ‘private party’ (including pick up at school & ride home afterward) invitation from her friends. Her was the first. Happy birthday, little Ace. :D

24 Comments

1. eka
    Eka Wulandari Gobel January 2, 2011 at 12:42 am

It’s oh-so-cool 9th bday party, ever! Love it!

2. Vita
    Vita January 2, 2011 at 12:48 am

Hai Puan!!! Masih inget gue?? Kita barengan di Alpen :D
    Hohoho…udah lupa ya :p
    Eniwei…anak lo dah 9 taun aja??
    Cool abis celebrationnya. no wonder…maknya jg cool abis :D

1. PuanDinar
      Puan Dinar Aifa January 3, 2011 at 10:59 am

Haiii… inget kok. :)
      Iya, gue colong start dari temen2 yg lain jadi anak gue yg pertama udah 9 taun. Hehehe..

3. restya
    Neneng Restiana January 2, 2011 at 3:16 am

Wow cool abees! :) gak kebayang akan seperti apa pesta ultah 17 aira nanti.. *seandainya yg ke10,11.. ‘gak’ dirayain* ;)

1. PuanDinar
      Puan Dinar Aifa January 3, 2011 at 11:02 am

17 sih kayaknya gak akan gede2 mbak. hihi..
      sebenernya aku gak begitu suka ‘big party’ apalagi pake EO & dekor macem2. Selama ini ‘dirayain’nya sebates di sekolah atau di rumah sm sepupu & tetangga. tapi tetep yaa.. berarti dirayain kaan.. hehe.. mudah2an taun ini berhasil ditepati janjinya. :P

4. momlicious
    Junita January 2, 2011 at 3:36 am

kalau umur 9tahun enak yah boleh dibawa tanpa ortu, jadi kesemuanya bisa fokus untuk mereka. kalau balita ga mungkin iundang tanpa ortu:D great celebration!

5. Lilik
    Lilik January 2, 2011 at 4:38 am

Happy 9th bday ya Aira ..
    Asyikkk bgt deh ultahnya unique bgt, pastinya berkesan buat Aira en her best friend ;)
    Tfs puan …

6. January 2, 2011 at 2:46 pm

asli seru abis ultahnya aira… dia pasti seneng banget ya! happy birthday aira…

7. ninit
    ninit yunita January 2, 2011 at 5:55 pm

so much fun!!! happy bday aira!

8. thelilsoldier
    inga January 2, 2011 at 6:47 pm

wah seru banget. Happy birthday Kak Aira.

9. siska.knoch
    Siska Knoch January 2, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Wow.. super fun! Happy birthday darling Aira.
    tfs Puan :)

10. Liz
    Liz January 2, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Pasti hepi banget anak anak. Belum pernah denger mengenai subtitle, konsepnya bagus juga.

11. January 2, 2011 at 11:00 pm

waaa, seru banget!! you’re such a cool mom, throwing an awesome party like that. semoga nanti kalo aina udah SD-an, gue bisa cool kayak gitu… hihihi.

12. die2
    Lidya January 3, 2011 at 6:31 am

He3.. mba Puan mang oke!!! Setelah sukses dgn acara jalan2 keliling jakarta, sekarang si kakak dibikinin private party ma geng-nya :) TOOOOOP

Tfs y mba :)

13. trias.kelly
    trias kelly January 3, 2011 at 7:16 am

Happy 9th birthday aira, very cooool party ^_^

14. sLesTa
    shinta lestari January 3, 2011 at 8:46 am

awww.. such a cool birthday party!! seruu banget.. you are such a cool mom deh puan :)

15. BunDit
    BunDit January 3, 2011 at 9:11 am

Wah…bahagianya Aira punya mama yang punya ide keren ngerayain ultahnya. Happy Birthday Kak Aira :-)

16. PuanDinar
    Puan Dinar Aifa January 3, 2011 at 11:15 am

dear moms, terima kasih yaa ucapan buat Aira-nya.
    Iya, Aira emang seneng banget & kalo buat bundanya kan begitu si anak bilang “Thank you Bunda, it was the best birthday ever!” rsanya udah cukup banget bikin idung kembang-kempis dan hati ikut senang. After all, big or small, birthday celebration supposed to be about the kids, not the parents. Iya kan? :)

Like always, terima kasih sudah dikasih kesempatan sharing sama mama-mama yang hebat2 & super cool. :D

17. oilalaa
    Lala Amiroeddin January 3, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Puan, idenya cool abiis. Met ultah buat Aira yaa.
    Senang ada kakak Aira, jadi nanti pas giliran Raissa tinggal copas ide aja :-D

Duuuh Raissa jadi 9 tahun masih lama yaaa…

1. PuanDinar
      Puan Dinar Aifa January 4, 2011 at 11:37 am

hahaha.. kalo udah 9 tahun kayak Aira malah rasanya pengen dikecilin jadi bayi lagi aja anaknya. dikit lagi ABG nih, aku udah siap-siap panic mode: SUPER ON ginii! hehehe..
      Enjoy the precious baby moments mbak Lala. Kisses buat Raissa. :D

18. geekymom
    Dharwiyanti January 4, 2011 at 4:24 pm

whoaaaa keren banget ultahnya! happu belated birthday Aira!

kita juga udah janji sih ama Naila, setelah masuk SD ga akan ngerayain ultah lagi, cukup ama keluarga. tapi ga tau juga nih, secara anak satu2nya, kita suka ga tegaan.. hihi..

bener deh, anak udah mau ABG, deg2annya ampun yaaa… Aira udah naksir2an blom Puan?

1. PuanDinar
      Puan Dinar Aifa January 5, 2011 at 1:11 pm

untungnya belom siih.. hehehe.. ;)

19. NisaNara
    Nisa January 4, 2011 at 4:49 pm

wahhhh simple dan seru! tfs..akan saya keep utk ide anak ultah ntar 8 tahun lagi hahaha

20. anggitkay
    anggitkay January 7, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Hahahaha.. Lady Gaga, Wristband and the Goody Bags!!! LOVE IT!!