Butterfly pasta with carrot flower
Pasta is a quick, easy, delicious and healthy recipe the kids will love. It is available with many different sizes and funny shapes and you can mix almost any vegetables and meats you have in your fridge. To make it more attractive, I like to cut the vegetables into various shapes using cookie cutters.
Butterfly pasta with carrot flower (a sophisticated name for shrimp pasta).
serves 4 persons
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, squash the garlic with the blade of a knife and chopped
- 2 carrots cut with flower shape cutter
- 200 g peas
- 20 large Shrimp, peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100 ml of cream
- Pinch of oregano
- 200g Bow tie or farfalle pasta
- Grated cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instruction, then drain.
- In another sauce pan, boil carrots and peas until tender, then drain
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add shrimp and garlic and saute, stirring often, until shrimp turns pink. Add cream and oregano and leave for few minutes. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss mixture with pasta and vegetables, top with grated cheese and serve.
Post a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.