Simple Chix Ham Quiche
It’s been awhile that Saturday morning has been a baking session day for me and my first daughter, Naia. Sadly, I have been caught up with my run training that I usually go for a long run on Saturday morning and came back feeling exhausted.
Last month, I decided to switch my long run back to Sunday and enjoy the Saturday mornings with my kids and start a baking session again with Naia.
Here is one of the easy recipe that we did for savory breakfast. It’s sooo easy that even Naia can do it herself. I only help with the cutting and putting the dish to the oven and take it out. Voila! A lovely breakfast for everyone to enjoy.
- Chicken Ham, sliced to your likings
- Mushroom (optional), I didn’t use it here
- 50 gr Parmesan cheese, grated
- 50 gr Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp UHT or fresh milk
- Pepper (optional)
- Pie crust (optional)
- Preheat oven for 200C.
- Beat eggs and milk together, set aside
- Place the chicken ham on the bottom of a dish. You can use an individual ramekin if you want. You can also use other ingredients to replace the ham, anything you like – mushroom, spinach, even puree of veggies for extra goodness – be creative! If you prefer to have the quiche with a crust, you can prepare the crust first on the bottom of the dish.
- Spread half of the parmesan then mozzarella cheese
- Pour half the egg mix on top of the cheese
- Place another layer of fillings, then cover it up with the rest of the egg mix.
- Top it off with the grated parmesan & mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 min or until the cheese are melted and turn slightly brown.
Easy peasy… enjoy!
Post a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.